The most popular workplace approved course offered in Victoria is standard first aid. This workplace approved course includes a wide range of safety and rescue components. Participants will how to use automated external defibrillators and how to effectively provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Experienced and qualified workplace approved instructors teach the latest rescue standards as provided by the workplace approved and the International Liaison on Resuscitation (ILCOR). Participants that complete this course will receive a workplace approved certificate that states completion of standard first aid, CPR and AED. To register for this course scroll to the bottom of the page to view available course dates, times and locations.
CPR Training Included
Three level’s of CPR training can be partnered with this course. They are as follows:
- CPR level “A” – Basic CPR rescues for adult victims
- CPR level “C” – Rescue techniques for adult, child and infant victims.
- CPR level “HCP” – Rescue techniques for adult, child and infant victims at a health care provider level.
You will be able to select the level of CPR training you want partnered with the course when registering.
The length of the course is approximately 14 hours. The length is moderately dependant on the skill level of the participants as well as the CPR training partnered with the course.
Our instructors are knowledgeable, experienced, professional and entertaining. We hope to create a positive and memorable experience for all participants that take our courses.
The cost of this course is yet to be set. The course fee includes taxes, workplace approved certification fee and a first aid and CPR training manual. No hidden fees.
Candidates that take standard first aid will learn to recognize and manage a variety of different first aid scenarios including:
- Skeletal injuries such as broken bones, fractures and dislocations
- Minor injuries such as sprains and strains
- Head and neck injuries including spinal injuries concussions and other head trauma
- Sudden medical emergencies such as seizures
- Environmental emergencies including hot and cold patients suffering from hypothermia, frost nip, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and heat cramps
- Respiratory and circulatory emergencies including anaphylaxis, stroke, heart attacks, angina and shock
- When and how to do CPR and use an AED
All of these subjects and a lot more will be discussed in detail. Course content includes hands-on skills and knowledge components.
If you currently have a standard first aid award and would like to renew your certificate we recommend that you take a re-certification course. This course is half the length and cost of the original full course. For more re-cert course information visit the re-certification course page of your choosing from the main or side menu.
Participants that complete all the objectives, attend 100% of the class and pass the multiple choice test with a minimum score of 75% will receive a workplace approved standard first aid, CPR and AED certificate. This certificate is valid throughout Canada for 3 years. All certificates meet Health Canada requirements.
Sign up for standard first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation class in Victoria today to receive the best training at the lowest prices.