This 8 hour course is designed for participants that need to be certified to meet WorkSafe BC standards. Workplace emergency first aid (WEFA) is equivalent to occupational first aid level 1 (OFA level 1). Participants enrolled in this class will learn a variety of safety and rescue techniques as well as some administrative responsibilities when administering first aid in the workplace. Certification provided in this course is valid for 3 years. Course includes training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the use of automated external defibrillators (AED).
The length of this course is 8 hours. Participants must attend 100% of the course to be able to complete the course.
The cost of this course is (price). The price of this course includes a workplace approved training manual, registration fees and all applicable taxes.
- Preparing to respond
- Primary Survey
- Skeletal emergencies including C-Spine control
- Airway Emergencies including choking victims
- Ventilating a patient while using protective equipment to prevent disease transmission
- Respiratory Emergencies including Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Cardiovascular Emergencies including heart attack, angina and stroke
- CPR for adult rescues
- Shock management
- Bleeding control
- Minor and Major Wound Management
- Written exam (multiple choice)
What is Required to Pass?
In order to complete the course participants must attend 100% of the course, successfully complete all skill components and receive a minimum score of 75%
Refunds and Transfers
Refunds and transfers are not accepted within 72 hours of the course. Prior to this time you can receive a full refund or transfer to another day.
- We provide a fridge and microwave for your convenience.
- Please bring comfortable clothes because you will be participating in various activities
- Please do not arrive late to the course
We proudly offer this workplace approved course for groups of any size. We can come to you or we can book a time at our training location. For more information, a quote or to book a private course please contact us via email or telephone.
To register for this course please scroll down to view available course dates, times and locations. You may also register by contacting us via telephone or email.